Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Yesterday was a good day. I attempted to sleep in...why is it on days where sleeping in is planned, I can't sleep past 7:30 to save my life, but on all other days when I hear "moooommmyyy!!!" at the same time, I feel like waking up = coming back from the dead??

Adam made me breakfast and had grand plans for my gift presentation involving both girls, but they had to re-write with Violet as the solo act when, around 8:30, Olivia was still snoozing soundly. Of course Violet had no problem charging into our room with a balloon in each hand and necklaces (part of my gift) around her neck. Being the bossy boss that she is, she was very annoyed that I dare try to take the necklaces off of her and was treating the balloons like pets on a leash saying, "commeer! (come here) and "come on!"

Church, family and probably too much food rounded out the day. A belated happy m-day to my own mom who is a top notch listener, helper, opinion-giver, shopping partner, babysitter... The list goes on!

Of course my pics are less than impressive but good memories all the same, right?







The best pic I could get of her running around like a maniac with her balloons....






Oh, Vi isn't smiling, let's try another one...






Yeah, not so much.





I somewhat on accident and somewhat on purpose let Olivia nap until 6pm, so she stayed up for a while to burn off some energy. Adam got this cute pic of her after she saw me reading in the corner and brought her own material (fruit ninja on Adam's iPhone) over to join me. She is my little snuggle girl. She sat there for a while with me. Too cute.



This is the pic that was in my Mother's Day card from preschool. My favorite parts besides how sweetly is smiling are 1- she has some kind of food in her mouth and 2- she could totally use some frizz-ease.... Just like her mama!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

what a fun day!!! i love your shirt!! email me or text me where its from:)

Heather G said...

Glad you had a happy day - you deserve it :) The girls are so sweet, hope you have a fun, sunny weekend! it's still freezing and rainy here.