Saturday, May 21, 2011

blogging blues

tonight i was feeling annoyed/depressed about the fact that i've kept this blog since 2007 but in some ways i don't really feel like it amounts to much.  i've come and gone and come back again in my commitment to it, but at the end of the day, i don't keep a journal, i never print any of our photos or make photobooks or scrapbooks, so this is all i've got! doesn't my posterity want to read my blog?? kidding. i just wish i would make a better effort to 1- take better pictures that are not via my iphone and 2- have more consistency with entries that is actually more journal-like. i guess then it makes it seem like i'm assuming anyone cares about anything and everything i might write... so here is your notice: i'm not writing this for you, i'm writing it for me. well, maybe a little bit for you, seeing as how i'm horrible at KIT (keep in touch), so this is the avenue for that as well....anyways, you get my drift. here's to better blogging that i'll actually care about reading in 10 years!

a little entry tonight...

last night we went to my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary celebration. my favorite part had to be the slideshow my aunt put together of all these amazing pictures dating back to who knows when all the way up to this year (the last picture was a cute one of olivia and violet!). i'm the oldest grandchild, so i decided to make a book (i used shutterfly) giving each grandchild a page, where i had a current photo of them alongside their answers to 3 basic questions about our grandparents. it turned out really cute and it was really easy, and my grandparents really liked it. i'm hoping to get my hands on some of the pictures from the slideshow and make a similar book... i think it's a great way to have a "hard copy" of super old photos that otherwise get lost in somebody's junk drawer, you know?


in my own photos, i couldn't find an oldie of me with both my grandparents, but here's one with me and my granddaddy! i don't know why it looks like i have a black eye? 

2 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

the last bit of the first section made me laugh. you are so my best friend. i love your blog and even if it is not always what you wish it was, it never dissapoints me.

megan&steve said...

Hey, I write my blog for me too. If anyone else reads it than great. I just made my 3rd blurb book. Its really easy to use.
Try and make a book and keep it on the coffee table.