Friday, January 14, 2011

the zoo, new magic t-shirts and a very special seashell (november 2010)

olivia's preschool class does an unofficial playgroup each month. someone takes turns being in charge...aka: picking the location and providing snacks! in october we went to the zoo. i decided to swap violet out for olivia's cousin mckinley who is the same age and also easier to manage at a place like the zoo. violet just wants out of the stroller at all times and at the time, she wasn't walking yet, so it just would've been a disaster.

 reading their books on the way there!

 ready to go!



 olivia and eloise

 on the train with our dum-dums...check!



 little cousins who look NOTHING alike! 

 adam got olivia and violet new orlando magic t-shirts at a game one night.. olivia's says "howard #12" on the back, lol 

 another crappy picture from my phone...but it's all i got! 

 we went to a cute toy store in town on this night where they have a little rock collector's nook where you can fill up a little bag for $5 or something. olivia was having fun picking and choosing some favorites. 

 violet (in her new sporty magic shirt) going to town on a mini baby that we had to buy because by the time i realized she had yanked it off the shelf, she had chewed the price tag off and the whole doll was a soggy mess. one more for the collection! 

go magic!

olivia's classmate eloise went on a beach vacation and brought back shells for everyone. so cute. olivia really liked it and kept saying it was her "sea-sell."

3 comments:

Allie said...

Such cute pictures! If your phone pictures are getting blurry, do you think that maybe your lens got smudged or scratched? The things that make my pictures less sharp are usually that the battery power is low or I accidentally smudged the lens and need to clean it.

Violet's desire to chew merchandise and want to break free of the stroller brought back many a "been there, done that" memory for me. I remember when Brooke moved into my ward in Virginia, someone thanked her for reactivating me. I was furious. It just so happened her move to the ward overlapped with Andrew officially becoming nursery age. I didn't need reactivation, I needed someone to come save me from walking the hallways with a cranky toddler. I was there each week!

Brooke said...

reading? books? in the car?...hmm...perhaps I should give that a try. I hadn't thought to bring anything that doesn't turn on or plug in. Goodness knows my kids bring more things in to my car each day than one woman can possibly be responsible for carrying out on her own. Loved the zoo pics and the sweet seashell.

Good for you for playing catch-up! I wish I was through October, I haven't even embarked on September's trip to Disney World and the thousands of pictures that will be. My favorites of yours are from the parade, I couldn't resist making some of the pictures big just to see the looks on the parents faces, so classic. Tate cried through his whole parade. Ruby thought it was all for her. Love it!

Heather and Dave said...

Your girls are darling and I also blew up several photos. I don't remember their little cousin McKinley? Is she Olivia's age or Violets? She is like a teeny tiny tinkerbell. What a cute little pixie haircut, or maybe it grows slower than O'S hair? You guys always do the most fun little outings. Molly just got the cutest Olivia the pig figurines from my sister for her bday since she loves the books and the show. I always think of your sweet and sassy Olivia when we watch it. Glad to see all the new posts. We loved the Halloween parade and the ballerina costumes are super cute. You look amazing. I want to shop in your cute closet. Where do you find these cute cardigans? Do tell, cause my wardrobe department is Struggling with a capital S!