Friday, October 23, 2009

nigh-night mama, nigh-night

so, many of you may already know about olivia's walking dilemma. here's a rundown if not:

i'd say she probably took her "first steps" at least 2 months ago. since then she's had spurts of days where she is all about it, then days where she reverts 100% back to crawling. for the past month, she's probably walked 30% of the time. for the past 2 weeks specifically, she's probably walked like 60% of the time. and the past 2 days? she's up to like 90%. so i think we're on the home stretch here at 15 freaking months. yeah. i was a little panicked about it but the doctor told me she is otherwise developmentally totally fine and that some kids simply see crawling as the faster way for longer than other kids. she could tell i was a little worried i think because she asked me to say all of the words olivia uses (i counted 10) and she said the average 15 month old has 3. hm. don't know about that. whatever. anyway, i'm just glad my 26 pounder is finally seeing the joy that is walking. because i'm pretty sure i can't carry her much longer.

anyway, lamenting about the anti-walker is not the point of this post. with her new found freedom, she is obsessed with walking around stores. inconvenient stores like pier 1 and old navy. but, i just let her, because she's pretty good at just cruising around touching all the clothes and she is too big to wrestle into the stroller at my current size. today at old navy she was toddling along just fine and apparently she got a little tired, because i turned around to find this:

i knew it was nap time, but apparently she needed to remind me.

4 comments:

Blogful said...

Love that you snapped a picture. Cute!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Oh how I wish I had been in the Old Navy with you. Or waiting in the car while you ran in to make purchases for me and my child.

The McGraths said...

in all my mothering experience, I have never experienced that! That is hilarious!!

J & J said...

okay now THAT is hilarious.