Wednesday, May 27, 2009

DON'T MESS

with olivia and her mickey mouse clubhouse. is her brain melting? i've decided to skip the articles in my parents magazine that talk about the horrifying dangers of TV in the minds of little people. does olivia sit in front of the TV for hours a day? no. does she get really excited and learn how to go on scavenger hunts and be annoyingly friendly from one episode of mickey mouse clubhouse? yes. so whatever. besides, the commercials on noggin tell me that it's "preschool on TV," so why not? haha just kidding. but really- i was talking to someone the other day about how kids TV really has come along way. olivia's cousin coleman literally uses spanish words in the right context thanks to d-d-d-dora. we were at the beach a few weeks back and he said "espera!!!" (wait) when he wanted us to wait for him and "ayudame!!" (help me) when he wanted help swimming in the pool. needless to say, it's hilarious. unfortunately the only things i think olivia will be learning to say from MMCH are MOUSKATOODLE!!!!!!! and "HOT DOG, HOT DOG, HOT DIGGITTY DOG!!"



so serious!

8 comments:

Ani said...

I feel like I am looking at a picture of Kate! She has this same expression on her face when she watches that show. She also loves Handy Manny...have you guys checked that one out?!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

TV TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!!
Maybe I will send her the first season of newlyweds for her 1st bday so she can be just like her mama and aunt jess!
I love EVERYTHING about her outfit in that photo. Especially the headband! Sadly, I'm sure Brody will never be able to sport a Y shirt...

Erica said...

I feel the same way! Camryn hasn't really gotten into it yet but she likes to laugh at it. I think it is no big deal every once and a while. We all watch TV and we are fine right? Love the spanish words for your nephew!

Shelly Hyde said...

oh my gosh that is awesome. Man she is so cute.

Heather and Dave said...

Herlittle chubbawubba thighs are to die for. Molly watches tv all the time and she learns alot! Do you have comcast on demand out there? Maybe it's a west coast thing, but man it is NICE to be able to start/stop elmo or any of her nursery rhyme shows whenever we want. I'll be like, "Mol, do you want to watch a show???" and she goes "HOE!!!" and runs to the tv. It's pretty funny, but maybe I'll get her hooked to Dora so she can shout out ESPERA! that made me laugh out loud!

haha, holy long comment heather! I need to get to bed. xoxo

Alex and Garrett said...

I'm right there with ya sister. She will be fine and this way the WP Christmas parade with Mickey and Minnie coming as the caboose will mean so much more to her! Glad Coleman got the shout out. He was telling me to "abre" his door last night because he wanted out of his room at bed time. Abre = open. Great song from Dora - we're indebted to her.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J & J said...

ha! her outfit is AMAZING. she is so freaking cute