Monday, February 15, 2010

update

thanks for all of the comments on the wheat allergy! first and foremost, let it be known that i was wrong about olivia not being able to have her beloved white cheddar cheetos (all natural, so they're healthy...right?). thanks to my aunt jill's comment, little lady was surprised by a delicious, long-lost snack that day! hilarious. we have also had spaghetti with rice pasta (thanks shannon) and have been scouring the internet to check out all your suggestions. who knew i had such allergy-savvy friends??!

anyway, i seriously cannot even think about how or what to blog to catch you people up on our lives. for now, here's a pic of what we seem to be enduring a lot of lately.


you can't really tell, but violet is totally screaming in this picture too. pure chaos. long story short- olivia does not like violet at all and gets particularly upset when violet cries. at first, i think it was just that it kind of scared her/made her nervous. now, she knows that violet crying means that i will probably be picking her up, which she does NOT like. so, whenever she hears violet cry, she drops what she is doing and runs to me. i guess she figures if she can hurry and take the spot in my lap, then the lame-0 baby can't have me! she's also tried to shove violet off my lap on those occasions that she has not gotten to me in time. such is life with a 19 month old and an almost 1 month old, right? i will say that it has gotten a little better, and now her crying is more short-lived and probably totally fake. but it still makes me feel so bad!

anywho, i'll get around to posting some better pictures once i actually take some. i'm totally being a classic mom of 2 and taking NO pictures of baby violet. i have about 14 million pictures from olivia's first month of life, so i think i have some catching up to do...until then...later skaters.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you tried the rice pasta! I really like it.

And that picture... hilarious. Sometimes when they scream there is just nothing to do.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

you are my hero! almost a month as mother of 2 and they are still alive! you're doing a great job!! it was so Fab to hear your voice the other day. we should schedule a monthly call. xoxo

Heather and Dave said...

What a priceless photo. You're doing a great job. Who needs tons and tons of photos when you can have classics like this one? I bet you can get some good ones during nap time - wait that's like the ONLY alone time you have all day to shower, read emails, blog etc...keep up the good work. I'm impressed with what a great job you're doing. How is recovery going after the c-sec??

Allie said...

Abbie, I am just doing a whole bunch of catching up reading blogs and first off a long overdue congratulations!!! I love the name Violet. Going from one to two kids is trickier then most people let on. We can totally relate to that picture of Adam and the screaming girls. Hopefully life will settle down for all of you in the weeks ahead. I just remember being sooooo tired after I had Andrew, because instead of just "sleeping when the baby sleeps" I had to keep tabs on what my mischievous two year old Maddie was up to. She refused to nap when Andrew napped and I was going insane. Your kids sure are cute. I'm jealous you're in the know with Gladys Knight.