Saturday, December 12, 2009

this & that

what we have been up to:
thanksgiving in montreal
breakfast with santa
picking out a christmas tree
setting up christmas tree and putting lights on it
buying many presents
spending time with family
celebrating the life of adam's grandmother who passed away last week
eating WAY too much
catching up on the DVR list
(most recently) being sick

what we have NOT been up to:
putting ornaments on the tree that has been up for over a week
wrapping and shipping those many presents
finishing christmas shopping without breaking the bank
preparing for baby #2 who arrives in just over 4 weeks
picking out a name for baby #2

list #1 provides many pictures that i should take the time to blog but list #2 makes me feel like i have other things i should be doing first. right now i could fall asleep in this chair if i let myself but instead i think i'll go downstairs and see what is in the christmas tin someone dropped off on the porch. yum.

6 comments:

Ani said...

It is a busy time of year, that is for sure!
So, the Costco thing? Yikes. Kids are pretty tough I am finding out!
Congrats on #2 coming soon!!!
I think Kate and your little girl would be good friends! So much alike, it cracks me up.

J & J said...

basically i love christmas tins more than anything. i feel like they don't come around very often anymore! so count your blessings. i swear when we were little we always would get some with fudge and cookies and popcorn. gosh. so good. i'm sure you're not freaking out with baby number 2 coming because you've done this before. or maybe you are. but i am getting very anxious and for some reason i feel like this last stretch is going to kill me because it's going so slow. BAH.

merry christmas my friend. much love.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Adam's grandma! I was so impressed with her when I met her at the wedding. What a fantastic lady!

Also, I already told you that you could use the name Jessica. Duh. 1 thing checked off your list. You're welcome.
Feliz Navidad.
I heard that in a store this week and tried to find my phone to call you.

Juatin said...

I notice that Jessie did not mention that she has not yet decorated her tree (which has been up since before her birthday) and I, too, have not put ornaments on my tree that has been up over a week. What is it about this year? I do have lights and ball ornaments on but no real ornaments...lame. The season will be over before I find time to do my decorating.

Juatin said...

hmm...Justin is really Brooke. Also, I noticed that Jessie is trying to get you to name the baby after her but I feel this is the appropriate time to mention that if you are going to name your baby after a Lee sister then it should be Brooke, after all, my first born daughter is named Abbie.

Unknown said...

that's right! you haven't mentioned any baby names yet but i feel like maybe "violet" was in there? i dont even have a tree yet and am fighting with cappy over his mother's fake tree because i'd rather be broke and have a real dying tree than a budget friendly tree...tree people have families they gotta support too! Also i need a middle name so maybe you should peruse my baby name books before i come get them! also the meaning of Natalie is "born on christmas day" so that is perfect for babies born this time of year...i tried the Abigail route on cappy but he's not biting...