Tuesday, August 4, 2009

rated E for everyone...except olivia

some of you may recall my previous reference to olivia's fear of the show yo gabba gabba. it just happened out of the blue one day a few months ago when it happened to come on. she FREAKED. so we've obviously avoided it. anyway, lately she has been seeing the big characters on commericals and stuff and even part of an episode with them in it and she's been fine. so i thought she was over it.....

NOT SO. 

today i knew it was coming on in moments so i tried to get the remote and change it just because even if she wasn't scared anymore, she never watches it. well, i pulled up the guide (so whatever was on was in the small corner screen) and looked for something else to come on. i was a little too late i guess because in the tiny screen that she could barely even see, the host in the orange suit (see picture) started crawling on to the screen with his boombox. 

the music had not even started yet and she FREAKED again. she spun in a circle and started frantically crawling to me crying with real tears. she was grabbing my legs like a little scared dog and when i picked her up (and changed the channel), i felt her heart beating and it was literally POUNDING out of her chest. what in the world?? if it wasn't really mean and if i didn't think one of you would call child services on me (haha jk), i would videotape it. it's really bizarre. but....i'm not gonna lie. DJ lance might be kind of weird. 

when i was looking for a pic of dg lance, i did come across this on google images. hilarious. i bet she wouldn't be scared of him. (note: i did not add the text on the picture...haha)

7 comments:

Katie M said...

Is it torture to put the show on again and videotape her reaction? I'm dying at your description. Poor thing.

Erika Anderson said...

PERFECT... I know what all my kids are going to be for halloween!

Jill said...

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of torture. It only lasts a moment and she'll appreciate the video later. However, we can all appreciate it now. :)

D3AB said...

you know what? it really is kind of a stupid (don't tell my kids i said that :)) show. i say she just has good taste.

Heather and Dave said...

Too funny. I bet you were trying hard to console her and not laugh. I would be afraid of him too!! (ps-is it bad that she only cries at the black version of the scary man in the too-tight clothes wearing the wig and not the little Chinese version?) haha jk. i think only my grandma is racist anymore these days.

Sam said...

That is amazing! I love the mini DJ lance..hahaha! I can't say i blame her. Yo Gabba Gabba is pretty freaky!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.