Wednesday, May 13, 2009

endless summer

we are making some great headway on our 2009 summer. it is roasty toasty here in florida, so we're hitting the beach as much as possible. i may get burned out, but i am feeling like i ought to set a goal of at least once a week. olivia (thankfully) LOVES it, so i figure i should take advantage of this time when it's easy.... one baby, and she naps under the umbrella and drinks her bottles in the sand. it makes me sooo happy! 

summer isn't summer w/o watermelon...she tried it at my mom's today. it was a hit!

we had another go at the pool the other day. much better this time. maybe because it was 4 million degrees outside...not so chilly in the water.

lunching on some sand. i'm convinced she actually likes it. she doesn't cry, just keeps sampling. salty?

naps under the umbrella after a dunk in the ocean to get rid of the sand.

pretty summer toes...

twins

full belly after a bottle on the beach.

happy girl! 

playing in the tide.. she loves it.

posing for our friend molly who snapped some shots of the cousins at NS beach a few weeks ago. just in case you were wondering how i took such good pics... i didn't!

another molly special

10 comments:

Blogful said...

Awesome pics. Wish I could beach with you. Maybe I will be brave enough one of these days. Splash pad was fun.

Erica said...

That belly is to die for! And I love her glasses! Cute pics of her on the beach!

Gretchen J'Deene said...

I love the pics of her sitting on the beach. That is a keeper for sure! Have fun enjoying the beach and I am ready for some sewing when you are:)

Allie said...

She is such a cutie! If you are going to the beach so much with her, you may want to try to find a Graco Pack N Play Sport. We had one for Mylie and it was a dream come true at the beach. No one can figure out why it was discontinued, since there was no safety recall and everyone loved it. It is much larger than a regular pack'n'play and is awesome and has sun protection. We bought ours on eBay and sold it for at least as much as we purchased it for when we parted with it via craigslist. It really is that awesome and it really is worth the investment. Google it.

Brooke said...

Abbie!!! You look like such a HOT mama!! what's your secret? I'm serious, I want to know. Where did that post-baby flat tummy come from?

You both look like babes and I especially love the picture of Olivia in the tide with her back to the camera, what a classic shot!!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

How come my sisters always comment on my bff's blog before I do?!?! Cute suits Abs! I HEART Olivia's shades! Very baby chic!

J & J said...

these pictures are priceless. very excited for the beach next week.

Lauren said...

oh the sunglasses - how adorable. I am so jealous you are near the water- take advantage of it for sure !

Shannon said...

very cute stuff! she resembles your family/siblings and side of the family huh? reminds me of you guys when we were all little...

Jamie said...

That little pic of Olivia's backside with the water in the background needs to be blown up and framed...pronto. So, so adorable.

Also, your tankini is cute.