Saturday, October 18, 2008

treasure trash

i've become a selling machine. well, i take that back. not even a selling machine. just a few clicks here and there and a few photos taken of my trash (someone else's treasure), and i've now made $271.67 in the past 10 days. i recommend it! luckily i can just consider this income a wash with the $299 we just paid at honda for our 100,000 mile service. LAME. next step: garage sale for all the things not quite appealing enough for those in the amazon marketplace/e-bay world. 

PS hopefully this woman can represent someone leaving MY garage sale...whenever i have it.

PPS sometimes i feel bad selling all this garbage... i am probably furthering someone's problem as a total pack rat. (if you've seen real life/i'm a hoarder on TLC you know what i'm talking about. oh well!)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm hoping that my new found interest in all things internet will lead to a devotion to selling my crap online as well. Allie is an old pro at this and has made thousands of dollars off of things she can't stand seeing around the house anymore. Sadly I seem to be a much better consumer than seller. Let me know how it goes and what you recommend I do to begin!!

Katie M said...

woo hoo!

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Way to go Abs! I have recently been unpacking boxes that haven't been opened for multiple moves(ex. those huge pink storage boxes I bought one of the years we lived together...). Well.. I have found multiple treasures in there that I would never sell, like a letter that you wrote me for a school assignment about "who i should marry" and other gems like that. I may even have the caveman costume/scrap of fabric circa halloween 2003???

Shannon said...

Hhaa you must have gotten this idea from Katie's wonderful "ways to make money at home" thing.

I have to say, being a pack rat is better than being anti-pack-rats like me and Mitch. We throw everything out!! We'll always be looking for something and then realize... oh crap, we threw it out!

Allie said...

Abbie, I am a Craigslist fan. I love that it is entirely free to list an ad. I can name any price I want, since it is not an auction, and best of all I make people come to me to pick up the things I sell, so no hassle of shipping or worrying people may not pay me. In my ads I say I accept cash only, etc. Before trying a yard sale, take some good pictures of what you have to sell and list them on craigslist. It's as easy as writing an email!