Friday, September 12, 2008

life's dilemmas......

today i am meeting adam after he gets off work to do some stuff and as i realize how badly i would like an icy cold soda from 7-11 (yes, even with their sweaty plastic cups), i quickly realize how maybe it'd be better to just wait till adam and i meet up so one of us can run in. i'm terrified that here in florida, if i were to leave olivia locked in the car, 1- she'd be kidnapped or 2- someone would run up and slap cuffs on me and hand me the bad mom of the year award. 

if i was in utah, mind you, i would absolutely be ignorant and lock her in the car to get my 44 ouncer. oh wait- i wouldn't have to. i could go to the many drive thru gas stations to pick up my fix. so are any of my winter park, fl readers interested in bringing a harts franchise to the sunshine state? :) right now my only options are sonic which is too far to justify unless i'm already headed that way or chick-fil-a, where each piece of ice is as big as a baseball which means 1 sip and the drink is g-o-n-e. 

but-there are some benefits to having to go inside to get your drink. you can SEE that they actually push the right button on the fountain. since i am trying to lose this baby weight i am VERY concerned that the drive thru attendant understands that i want DIET dr. pepper. not 44 ounces of regular dr. pepper aka like 800 calories. adam has adjusted to this dilemma and now he thankfully (but somewhat embarrassingly) practically screams DIET!!!, then pauses, then says dr. pepper at each drive thru. we always get weird looks but desperate times (being a fat cow) call for desperate measures!!! ok this is quite long for being a blog about soda. 

4 comments:

Katie M said...

thoughts.

sonic ice is worth the drive. no matter how long.

adam is hilarious and i can picture this scene at the drive thru.

sweaty 7-11 cups, SO true.

and lastly, most posts from abbie. you're too funny to waste. : )

Erika Anderson said...

many times I've wondered why other states haven't caught on to the beauty of drive thru gas stations! I would go out of my way to go to one of those!

Leah W said...

PLEASE BRING A DRIVE THROUGH GAS STATION TO TOLEDO TOO!!! oh my goodness the dilema only gets worse when you're having to haul 3 kids into the gas station to get a drink! I hear you on the Fast food drive through option...it is hardly worth it! I have been known to pull up in the handicapped spot put on my hazards lock the doors and run in...especially in the winter!!! good luck!!

kara jo haught said...

I LOVE THIS DILEMMA... i am faced with it every day of my life. I love D.C. even in a sweaty cup!