Friday, November 9, 2007

these days

these days not much is going on that is picture worthy. however, we have been doing stuff that i feel is worthy of a post!

1- after all my crap talk about people waiting at cheesecake factory for 3 1/2 hours, we gave in on wednesday night. i had to return something at the mall so we figured it was worth a shot. we were shocked when we called at 4:10 and they said it was only 10 minutes! we ran out the door and got up there at 4:40, only to be told it would be 45 min-1 hr. still, not bad, right? so we go in to nordstrom (that's the nice thing-- it's so close that we figured the buzzer would work at least inside that store) and i'm heading up stairs to return something and our buzzer goes off! woo hoo! we only waited like 15 minutes. we decided on buffalo blasts for appetizer and i got the beloved turkey burger for my meal. needless to say that spicy, cheesy grease heaven did NOT do well and adam was regretting our trip a little bit when i was at home rolling on the floor having a cramp attack from the dumb grease blasts. oh well. delicious.

2- for those of you who don't know, adam has been a great sport this semester and has been taking the bus to provo to save on gas (since i already commute to SLC)....and yesterday morning was a hilarious experience. he had to get to the bus stop at 6am so we get to the bus stop with what we think is a few minutes to spare.. and then all the sudden we see the bus speeding down state street about to pass adam's stop across the street because no one is there. adam RUNS across state street right in front of the intersection to flag down the bus...what is most funny about this is that he also had a few items in tow. he had a donut, 44 ounces of DC, his computer bag and his leftover cheesecake factory in a little grocery bag to hold on to as he darted in front of traffic to stop UTA. talk about LOL. he called me afterward to say people on the bus were giving him weird looks and he wasn't sure if it was the smashed donut all over his shirt or the fact that he was limping because he "pulled a hammy" running. ANYWAY- i'm sharing this so i can laugh some more but also so i can pay tribute to katie's artwork she created, in honor of this blessed event. jokes aside, i am soo grateful adam is good to me and rides the bus...i am not so bus-savvy. i rode it once and i was nervous the whole time they were going to miss my stop. so usually when adam asks if i can ride the bus, i pretend like i'm still sleeping. haha jk.




3- last night i picked up my nieces in springville and then we stopped at BYU to have dinner w/adam.. which turned out to be bringing pizza in to this study room and eating there.. which resulted in lots of weird looks as all of these people thought adam and i had 3 kids.



sorry there aren't more pictures to represent what has been going on with us this week. i will do better!

6 comments:

Heather and Dave said...

Ok, feels like I haven't been blogging in AGES...but it's just been since Friday! I was laughing SOOO hard at the "bus run" that Adam had to make...he's such a good sport & I can't believe he "pulled a hammy!!" I was dying of laughter, I think my baby now has "shaken baby syndrome!" (k...i just realized all the "quotes" i had been putting up and for no apparent reason, sorry.) But the shower will be Saturday Dec 8th at Jess's apt!! I can't wait! Invites will be going out soon I think. This bambino will be here before I know it! AHHH!

Shannon said...

hhahahha. Mitch rides the bus too and the exact same thing happened to him with the TRAX except he didn't make it :( Gotta love the bus...

Gladys said...

So fun to see what's happening with you guys out west. We miss you and love you!

megan&steve said...

Man, Abbie those bus experiences from SLC to Provo are only for the brave. My last bus ride was over a year and a half ago and a big homeless looking guy asked to sit next to me. I was reading a book and listening to my ipod (I was obviously busy and didn't want to talk to anyone) WELL, he starts waving in my face telling me he LOVES me. He also had on Laytex gloves-for who knows why. I have watched way too many scary movies to know that if something were to happen to me, no one would know the persons finger prints because the guy had gloves on. He finally left me alone and crawled down the isle to the back of the bus.

Marci said...

Hey guys! It's been forever since I've checked out blogs, it's good to be back. Since Adam and I don't have a car, we are all about MBTA out here in Boston...Glad to hear other people are having funny public transportation experiences. It's all about the memories right?

Unknown said...

i can only imagine the way adam portrays his bus experiences every night via exaggerative story telling...LOL....the conversation where the decision was made that he would ride the bus must have been a funny one..i dont think the bank prez appreciates me answering the phone with a cackle..maybe they shouldn't call when im mid "DONUT miss da bus" reading..