Thursday, September 27, 2007

grumpy pants

i've been in a bad mood this week, kind of. not 100% of the time, but most of the time. i've been sick with an ugly head cold... and i think sometimes that makes you mad because you want to just forget about it but you only can to about 90% because the ocassional blurry vision and the feeling that your stuffed up head weighs 40 lbs can only be forgotten to a certain extent. so THEN... you can't stay up late and watch all the new tv shows on and just relax after work... because really you just need to go to bed. but you don't want to just go to bed and wake up only to go to work again because that's no fun. it's especially no fun when you're not loving your job. i don't know what it is...maybe i just don't like working?? i'd like to think there is something i could do that would help me enjoy working more. last night i got my hair done (i'll expound on this in a moment) and i came home and told adam maybe i should go to hair school because then i could be my own boss. haha. maybe that's my problem.. i'm too bossy to be bossed. especially when i'm being bossed about something i don't even want to be doing!! wow- you can stop reading here if you want. i just need to blab about myself and how i am indeed GRUMPY PANTS these days. but then it's like if i quit, would i be happy? no. not that i'm considering it but you know.. it's nice to toy with the idea. i seriously think my sickness (coupled with benadryl max. strength) is making me a little nutty. i just can't focus and maybe it's because of that. whatever. either way i'm realllly wanting it to be friday for the rest of my life. then i could always have the next day off. ok i'm REAL tempted to keep blabbing about this but i'll move on. my hair... i've gone to the dark side. like really dark, kind of. i mean it's hard to say what it will settle in to without washing it at all (and we all know i'm not a frequent washer), but i'm liking it. it's definitely bittersweet to say goodbye to being blonde but i'm trying to turn in to someone who changes more frequently and can embrace it for a little while. it's fun to see what i look like when i look TOTALLY different...so i'm enjoying it. when i came home poor ruby didn't even recognize me.. she just kept staring. reagan broke the silence and goes, "abbie.. you got something... like different or something...with your hair..." funny. jessie's wedding is a week from tomorrow and then the wed. after that we're leaving for new york! i'm excited for a little break.. maybe that will take me out of this grumpy spell. ps- i promise the next post will be allll about things i'm happy about/grateful for.

5 comments:

Daniel and Emily Munns said...

Abbie... I can relate all too well. I used to HATE my job (each year I teach the easier it has been and the less I hate it, but still, I'd never say I love it). And I used to talk to Daniel about things I could do instead that would make me happy and then I came to the realization that... I just don't want to work at all!! But I certainly cannot just quit and do nothing... so it's quite the predicament. I feel your pain.

Katie M said...

we all know how you could get out of this situation REAL fast. just kidding.

this is a lot of pressure on you since you're the breadwinner right now. when i'm in a grumpy mood i think of things to look forward too. like, oh, say the MAINE EVENT 2007!!

2 weeks away!

Heather and Dave said...

Hey crazy lady! Show a photo of your NEW DARK hair! I'm dying to see what you look like! ps-Happy Friday! We both needed this week to come to a close :) xoxo

Jamie said...

In the future, don't think you're allowed to post a blurb about your new hair color without posting a picture. My curiosity is peaked!

Shelly Hyde said...

Abbie... i need to see your hair!